Start that Holiday List NOW!!
This is an edited version of the free JMOM Newsletter. This blog is for those who are having problems receiving the newsletter (due to Spam rejection, etc.) and who aren't aware of the newsletter (which you can subscribe to on the main page of the website).
So, just when you thought our talented creators would be
taking a break so that you can spend your money on holiday
gifts, you find out that you thought wrong. There's been a
sudden influx of product, most of it being very good. Larry
Becker & Lee Earle have released one terrific new product
and re-released one of my favorites of theirs. Devin
Knight's Blindsight has finally arrived. Max Gordon has an
intriguing new spin on Q&A that he has described in an
e-book, called Clue & A. Ray Piatt has a brand new version
of his classic called the Caper Case Unlimited. Alexander
Black & Troy Cherry have released two new booktests, The Man
Who Knew Too Much and The War of the Worlds. And they're
about to release two new products from Josh Zandman called
the Impromptu Book Test (which is VERY good) and a special
book entitled, The Christmas Carol Book Test. And Greg Arce
has just released two of his e-books to the general market,
Deep Thought and Simple Minded. And that's just the newest
stuff. There's still some older stuff I have to get caught
up on as well, such as Millard Longman's Acidus Globus.
(Not all of these items are on my site yet, but they will
be soon)
WICKED BOOK TEST WARNING
This is a brand new test released by Dennis Loomis that has
already been under fire for being a blatant ripoff of Ted
Karmilovich's Mother of All Book Tests. It has already been
removed from the catalogues of many stores, including
Hocus-Pocus. I haven't seen it yet, and until I do, I can't
officially condemn it, but it certainly doesn't look good.
And I'm referring to both the ethics and the quality. I'll
have my comments by next week, but I certainly would advise
you to stay away from this for now.
FIRST THOUGHTS ON BETWEEN 2 MINDS
This is another highly anticipated 3 disc DVD set. I've
already watched the first two discs and am not pleased with
this set at all. At the end of the first disc, Goldenberg
apologized for not remembering the names of those who
influenced his routines. Obviously, then, both Goldenberg
and Bavli took little care with this material to ensure that
it was indeed original. Some of the material does seem
clever. But, on disc 1, there is a version of Larry
Becker's Sneak Thief called Graphology. Larry isn't
credited and the routine doesn't add anything new in terms
of technique or handling. I really can't believe that
there any mentalists out there that aren't aware of Sneak
Thief and that it's Larry Becker's. Disc 2 contains
Video Rental which uses a cellphone idea that I saw Tim
Ellis include in a lecture I saw a few years ago. I'll say
that I like the premise of two mentalists discussing and
dissecting the work of one of them, but $140 for only 15
routines with material of this calibre is pretty
disappointing. Compare that with Richard Osterlind's Mind
Mysteries Too which has 31 effects and retails for $120.
But, I must emphasize that these are my first impressions
and when I'm done with the third disc in the set, I'll
finalize my opinions.
MARKETPACE MEMBERSHIP CLUB
It's still not too late to get in on the ground floor of the
new Marketplace Membership Club. You only have until
December 15 before you lose the opportunity to join at the
introductory price of $32.97. After that, it's $37. And,
for that, you get a subscription to the 2007 issues of
Jheff's Journal of the Mind, an all-new e-zine for
mentalists, and an additional 5% discount off merchandise
from the Marketplace of the Mind. There will also be
specials and other stuff throughout the year. Check out the
free preview edition of the Bonus #0 issue featuring Jack
Kent Tillar. Go to the website and click on the banner at
the top. Or use the link below.
Check it out here:
www.marketplaceofthemind.com/jmmc.html
MARKETPLACE OF THE MIND DOMAIN NAME CHANGE
As a reminder, JMOM will be moving to a brand new URL. Yep,
I've finally set up www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com. There's a
temporary page there now with a link to old URL, but the
official move should take place by the first of the year.
Brand new URL; brand new look, etc.
THE FRIENDS OF THE MARKETPLACE
Don't forget to check out the new Friends of the Marketplace
section. This is for those creators who are producing
wonderful products that I don't carry. This is because, to
save overhead, I order as needed from my distributor, and
these creators aren't mass distributing it. If you'd like
me to review your product and help you sell it, then you'll
find details about the Friends of the Marketplace program on
the website. There's a button on the left hand side for you
to click on.
The newest addition is Scott Grossberg's Mindcast which I
found to be a delightful new pocket effect that elegantly
solves issues of an age-old principle. Check it out!
You'll also find links to some of the best products I've
seen this year. There's the haunting Sinister, a very
original book test by Outlaw Effects; Josh Quinn's
Ascension, which is a diabolical reading system using
supermarket horoscope books; Millard Longman's Acidus
Novus DVD, a masters course on one of mentalism's
most important techniques; Bryn Reynold's powerful
casino card effect, Double Down, and his serial number
divination gem, simply entitled $.
Remember, I don't make a dime on this stuff. I do this
because I think the stuff is very good and worth it.
http://www.jheff.com/friendsofthemarketplace.html
Until next time. -- Jheff
NEW PRODUCTS AND REVIEWS:
BLINDSIGHT
CAPER CASE UNLIMITED
MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH BOOK TEST
POSTAL
VERSADEX
WAR OF THE WORLDS BOOK TEST
So, just when you thought our talented creators would be
taking a break so that you can spend your money on holiday
gifts, you find out that you thought wrong. There's been a
sudden influx of product, most of it being very good. Larry
Becker & Lee Earle have released one terrific new product
and re-released one of my favorites of theirs. Devin
Knight's Blindsight has finally arrived. Max Gordon has an
intriguing new spin on Q&A that he has described in an
e-book, called Clue & A. Ray Piatt has a brand new version
of his classic called the Caper Case Unlimited. Alexander
Black & Troy Cherry have released two new booktests, The Man
Who Knew Too Much and The War of the Worlds. And they're
about to release two new products from Josh Zandman called
the Impromptu Book Test (which is VERY good) and a special
book entitled, The Christmas Carol Book Test. And Greg Arce
has just released two of his e-books to the general market,
Deep Thought and Simple Minded. And that's just the newest
stuff. There's still some older stuff I have to get caught
up on as well, such as Millard Longman's Acidus Globus.
(Not all of these items are on my site yet, but they will
be soon)
WICKED BOOK TEST WARNING
This is a brand new test released by Dennis Loomis that has
already been under fire for being a blatant ripoff of Ted
Karmilovich's Mother of All Book Tests. It has already been
removed from the catalogues of many stores, including
Hocus-Pocus. I haven't seen it yet, and until I do, I can't
officially condemn it, but it certainly doesn't look good.
And I'm referring to both the ethics and the quality. I'll
have my comments by next week, but I certainly would advise
you to stay away from this for now.
FIRST THOUGHTS ON BETWEEN 2 MINDS
This is another highly anticipated 3 disc DVD set. I've
already watched the first two discs and am not pleased with
this set at all. At the end of the first disc, Goldenberg
apologized for not remembering the names of those who
influenced his routines. Obviously, then, both Goldenberg
and Bavli took little care with this material to ensure that
it was indeed original. Some of the material does seem
clever. But, on disc 1, there is a version of Larry
Becker's Sneak Thief called Graphology. Larry isn't
credited and the routine doesn't add anything new in terms
of technique or handling. I really can't believe that
there any mentalists out there that aren't aware of Sneak
Thief and that it's Larry Becker's. Disc 2 contains
Video Rental which uses a cellphone idea that I saw Tim
Ellis include in a lecture I saw a few years ago. I'll say
that I like the premise of two mentalists discussing and
dissecting the work of one of them, but $140 for only 15
routines with material of this calibre is pretty
disappointing. Compare that with Richard Osterlind's Mind
Mysteries Too which has 31 effects and retails for $120.
But, I must emphasize that these are my first impressions
and when I'm done with the third disc in the set, I'll
finalize my opinions.
MARKETPACE MEMBERSHIP CLUB
It's still not too late to get in on the ground floor of the
new Marketplace Membership Club. You only have until
December 15 before you lose the opportunity to join at the
introductory price of $32.97. After that, it's $37. And,
for that, you get a subscription to the 2007 issues of
Jheff's Journal of the Mind, an all-new e-zine for
mentalists, and an additional 5% discount off merchandise
from the Marketplace of the Mind. There will also be
specials and other stuff throughout the year. Check out the
free preview edition of the Bonus #0 issue featuring Jack
Kent Tillar. Go to the website and click on the banner at
the top. Or use the link below.
Check it out here:
www.marketplaceofthemind.com/jmmc.html
MARKETPLACE OF THE MIND DOMAIN NAME CHANGE
As a reminder, JMOM will be moving to a brand new URL. Yep,
I've finally set up www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com. There's a
temporary page there now with a link to old URL, but the
official move should take place by the first of the year.
Brand new URL; brand new look, etc.
THE FRIENDS OF THE MARKETPLACE
Don't forget to check out the new Friends of the Marketplace
section. This is for those creators who are producing
wonderful products that I don't carry. This is because, to
save overhead, I order as needed from my distributor, and
these creators aren't mass distributing it. If you'd like
me to review your product and help you sell it, then you'll
find details about the Friends of the Marketplace program on
the website. There's a button on the left hand side for you
to click on.
The newest addition is Scott Grossberg's Mindcast which I
found to be a delightful new pocket effect that elegantly
solves issues of an age-old principle. Check it out!
You'll also find links to some of the best products I've
seen this year. There's the haunting Sinister, a very
original book test by Outlaw Effects; Josh Quinn's
Ascension, which is a diabolical reading system using
supermarket horoscope books; Millard Longman's Acidus
Novus DVD, a masters course on one of mentalism's
most important techniques; Bryn Reynold's powerful
casino card effect, Double Down, and his serial number
divination gem, simply entitled $.
Remember, I don't make a dime on this stuff. I do this
because I think the stuff is very good and worth it.
http://www.jheff.com/friendsofthemarketplace.html
Until next time. -- Jheff
NEW PRODUCTS AND REVIEWS:
BLINDSIGHT
CAPER CASE UNLIMITED
MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH BOOK TEST
POSTAL
VERSADEX
WAR OF THE WORLDS BOOK TEST

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home