The Vanishing Planet Act
Even though the universe is now one planet less, since Pluto
has officially been reduced to a "dwarf planet," it sure
doesn't seem much smaller. But now all those science
teachers are going to have to put up new maps of the solar
systems with eight planets, instead of nine.
Anyhow, there's lots of stuff in this issue and there'll be
another one in just a few days which will feature my
comments on Outlaw Effects' Manhattanville and Devin Knight
and Al Mann's Autobend Silverware. Both items are on my
website, but, nfortunately, the Autobend Silverware is out
of stock and I'm not sure when I'll my distributor will get
more. If you order one, I'll be sure to send it to you ASAP
when it gets back in stock.
***** SILENT TREATMENT -- UNIVERSAL EDITION
Jason Alexander opened his mentalism act at the Magic Castle
with this phenomenally powerful effect. The only complaint
that I got about this was that those in other countries
couldn't perform it because the audience needed to read
English. Now, the Universal Edition is available. It
contains a kit (blank cards and a permanent marker) so that
you create this effect in whatever language you need to.
I'm not going to review this edition, as it's simply a blank
version of the props needed for this terrific effect.
***** THE NEW FRIENDS OF THE MARKETPLACE
Don't forget to check out the new Friends of the Marketplace
section. This is for those creators who are producing
wonderful products that I don't carry. This is because, to
save overhead, I order as needed from my distributor, and
these
creators aren't mass distributing it. If you'd like me to
review your product and help you sell it, then you'll find
details about the Friends of the Marketplace program on the
website. There's a button on the left hand side for you to
click on.
I've just added Ran Pink's Think Pink Complete Edition and
Outlaw Effects' Manhattanville. Both are great products and
well worth checking out.
You'll also find links to some of the best products I've
seen this year. There's the haunting Homicide, a very
original book test by Outlaw Effects; Josh Quinn's
Ascension,
which is a diabolical reading system using supermarket
horoscope books; and Bryn Reynold's powerful casino card
effect, Double Down, and his serial number divination gem,
simply entitled $.
Remember, I don't make a dime on this stuff. I do this
because I think the stuff is very good and worth it.
http://www.jheff.com/friendsofthemarketplace.html
Until next time. -- Jheff
*********
KEITH LACK'S
COIN AND KEY BENDING COMBO
Suggested Retail Price: $175
THE BLURB:
Bend coins and keys right under your spectator's nose
without them knowing it! This is the absolute easiest and
most unsuspicious way to bend a small flat metal object in
plain site of your spectator on the market! It is also the
most durable, and there are no jointed or pinned parts to
ware out or break. You can even put a twist in keys and many
types of silverware! This rig does it all! A true worker's
piece!
Comes complete with special gimmicks and instructions with
color photographs detailing the specifics of pulling off
this twisting trick!
MY COMMENTS:
In order to bend the coin or key, you must have both the
gimmicked card box and the Sharpie pen in your hands. And
this is bending metal "right under the spectator's nose
without them knowing it"? Oh, give me a break. Besides the
fact that most mentalists don't carry a deck of cards, it
doesn't make sense to be holding a deck of cards while
you're doing a coin-bending demonstration. Also, the
instructions are printed on one side and without essential
handling tips to successfully make this work. I suspect
they're not there, because it's impossible to do this
successfully.
In any case, at $20 I'd think this is overpriced. But at
the shamefully high price that Mr. Lack is offering this,
it's just a product to be completely avoided.
NEW PRODUCTS & REVIEWS:
MANHATTANVILLE
SILENT TREATMENT (UNIVERSAL EDITION)
THINK PINK COMPLETE EDITION
has officially been reduced to a "dwarf planet," it sure
doesn't seem much smaller. But now all those science
teachers are going to have to put up new maps of the solar
systems with eight planets, instead of nine.
Anyhow, there's lots of stuff in this issue and there'll be
another one in just a few days which will feature my
comments on Outlaw Effects' Manhattanville and Devin Knight
and Al Mann's Autobend Silverware. Both items are on my
website, but, nfortunately, the Autobend Silverware is out
of stock and I'm not sure when I'll my distributor will get
more. If you order one, I'll be sure to send it to you ASAP
when it gets back in stock.
***** SILENT TREATMENT -- UNIVERSAL EDITION
Jason Alexander opened his mentalism act at the Magic Castle
with this phenomenally powerful effect. The only complaint
that I got about this was that those in other countries
couldn't perform it because the audience needed to read
English. Now, the Universal Edition is available. It
contains a kit (blank cards and a permanent marker) so that
you create this effect in whatever language you need to.
I'm not going to review this edition, as it's simply a blank
version of the props needed for this terrific effect.
***** THE NEW FRIENDS OF THE MARKETPLACE
Don't forget to check out the new Friends of the Marketplace
section. This is for those creators who are producing
wonderful products that I don't carry. This is because, to
save overhead, I order as needed from my distributor, and
these
creators aren't mass distributing it. If you'd like me to
review your product and help you sell it, then you'll find
details about the Friends of the Marketplace program on the
website. There's a button on the left hand side for you to
click on.
I've just added Ran Pink's Think Pink Complete Edition and
Outlaw Effects' Manhattanville. Both are great products and
well worth checking out.
You'll also find links to some of the best products I've
seen this year. There's the haunting Homicide, a very
original book test by Outlaw Effects; Josh Quinn's
Ascension,
which is a diabolical reading system using supermarket
horoscope books; and Bryn Reynold's powerful casino card
effect, Double Down, and his serial number divination gem,
simply entitled $.
Remember, I don't make a dime on this stuff. I do this
because I think the stuff is very good and worth it.
http://www.jheff.com/friendsofthemarketplace.html
Until next time. -- Jheff
*********
KEITH LACK'S
COIN AND KEY BENDING COMBO
Suggested Retail Price: $175
THE BLURB:
Bend coins and keys right under your spectator's nose
without them knowing it! This is the absolute easiest and
most unsuspicious way to bend a small flat metal object in
plain site of your spectator on the market! It is also the
most durable, and there are no jointed or pinned parts to
ware out or break. You can even put a twist in keys and many
types of silverware! This rig does it all! A true worker's
piece!
Comes complete with special gimmicks and instructions with
color photographs detailing the specifics of pulling off
this twisting trick!
MY COMMENTS:
In order to bend the coin or key, you must have both the
gimmicked card box and the Sharpie pen in your hands. And
this is bending metal "right under the spectator's nose
without them knowing it"? Oh, give me a break. Besides the
fact that most mentalists don't carry a deck of cards, it
doesn't make sense to be holding a deck of cards while
you're doing a coin-bending demonstration. Also, the
instructions are printed on one side and without essential
handling tips to successfully make this work. I suspect
they're not there, because it's impossible to do this
successfully.
In any case, at $20 I'd think this is overpriced. But at
the shamefully high price that Mr. Lack is offering this,
it's just a product to be completely avoided.
NEW PRODUCTS & REVIEWS:
MANHATTANVILLE
SILENT TREATMENT (UNIVERSAL EDITION)
THINK PINK COMPLETE EDITION

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home