Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind Newsblog

*QUALITY PRODUCTS ONLY*DISCOUNT PRICES* DETAILED REVIEWS*RELIABLE SERVICE*

Name:
Location: Torrance, California, United States

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Catching up (plus words on The Octopus Deck)

I seem to be a bit behind as I wanted to have quite a bit
more product reviewed and on the site. I certainly hope to
have the rest of the backlog finished by this weekend. That
may be quite optimistic, though.

**** WORDS ABOUT THE OCTOPUS DECK
There has been a lot of controversy over Bill Abbott's The
Octopus Deck. Some are raving about it; some are calling it
a ripoff. Simply, it is a direct combination of Richard
Osterlind's Radar Deck and Bruce Bernstein's Psi-Deck. This
idea certainly has merit. However, Richard's name is
mentioned as an inspiration in the instructions and Bruce's
name is nowhere to be found. Worse, nowhere in the
instructions does it say that these two brilliant creators
gave Bill Abbott permission to market this effect based on
their own reputation-made ideas. I cannot endorse this
product, nor condone this intellectual theft.

I've corresponded with Bill and he seems to understand this.
He is awaiting their responses, which he'll forward to me.
Until that time when both Richard and Bruce say that they're
OK with it, I'm not.


Until next time. -- Jheff

NEW PRODUCTS AND REVIEWS:
AN ACT OF IMAGINATION

TRILOGY STREAMLINE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home