Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind Newsblog

*QUALITY PRODUCTS ONLY*DISCOUNT PRICES* DETAILED REVIEWS*RELIABLE SERVICE*

Name:
Location: Torrance, California, United States

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Still More Book Tests, and Entourage

Well, I may be wrong. It's not the Summer of the Book
Tests, it's the Year of the Book Tests. Kinda like the
Chinese Year of the Dog. Hmm, not a bad analogy, actually.
Anyhow, I've got two more in this issue. Actually, it's
three if you count Larry and Lee's new product as two book
tests. And coming soon is Black Magic Productions' new
Sherlock Holmes book test (which is different than Larry
and Lee's) and Tri City Magic has another version of the
Tossed Out Deck coming. If you love book tests, then your
wallet won't be loving you after this year.

***** OUT OF THE OFFICE UNTIL JULY 31
I have to go to Vail, Colorado, to pick up my kids who are
vacationing with their grandmother. While there, I might as
well take a few days of R&R. Of course, being with my boys
is anything but R&R. So anything ordered now won't be
shipped until Monday, July 31st, at the earliest.

***** AM I SELLING OUT?
Recently, a poster on an Internet forum suggested that I was
rather nice with my Da Vinci Zone review because I was
selling it. So, let's set the record straight. First, the
main purpose of my site is to comment on mentalism products.
I only sell the products because I can. I hardly stock any
of these products, as most of you well know. I order as
necessary. That's why it takes a bit longer to get stuff
from me than other dealers.

Second, one man's trash is another man's treasure. If the
product has any merit or performing value at all, I'll
catalog it. Of course, I'll make sure you know my
reservations about it. And I like to be positive. It's the
old half-full glass philosophy. I'll look at a product, or
glass, as half-full, rather than half-empty. This is not
always the case, of course. Those items that I just can't
be too positive about will get negative reviews. And I
won't catalog them.

Want to see what I mean about being positive regarding a
product that I'm not that enthusiastic about, but am willing
to air all its flaws and catalog it just in case someone can
use it? Check out the Cousin of All Book Tests review.

And hopefully that set the record straight.


***** PRODUCT NEWS
The new Mini Super-Sharpie is out. I have reviewed the
original Super Sharpie, so I'm assuming this is similar. I
won't be able to check it out until I get back, but I've put
it up on the website.

Also, Max Maven informed me that it's official. His new DVD
set will be released around October. And I'll most
certainly be doing a pre-sale event for them as it gets
closer to the release date. Look for that to happen towards
the end of September. I know that L&L are working on Rick
Maue's and Richard Osterlind's new DVD set. I'm sure those
will happen in 2007. I'll let you know when I know.

***** THE NEW FRIENDS OF THE MARKETPLACE
I've finally updated the Friends of the Marketplace section.
This is for those creators who are producing wonderful
products that I don't carry. This is because, to save
overhead, I order as needed from my distributor, and these
creators aren't mass distributing it. If you'd like me to
review your product and help you sell it, then you'll find
details about the Friends of the Marketplace program on the
website. There's a button on the left hand side for you to
click on.

On the FOTM page, you'll find links to some of the best
products I've seen this year. There's the haunting
Homicide, a very original book test by Outlaw Effects; Josh
Quinn's Ascension, which is a diabolical reading system
using supermarket horoscope books; and Bryn Reynold's
powerful casino card effect, Double Down, and his serial
number divination gem, simply entitled $.

Remember, I don't make a dime on this stuff. I do this
because I think the stuff is very good and worth it.

http://www.jheff.com/friendsofthemarketplace.html


Until next time. -- Jheff

NEW PRODUCTS AND REVIEWS:
COUSIN OF ALL BOOK TESTS

ENTOURAGE

SUPER MINI-SHARPIE

TWOSOME

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home