When It Rains . . . and More Info on Inflight
There's about to be a whole bunch of newsletters coming your
way. I've gotten quite a few products and as I'm finishing
up comments on them, I'll be sending them out. In the past,
I've rushed my comments out and wound up realizing that I
missed some info or just said something a bit too awkwardly
for my comfort. So, you'll find that I'll do every effort
to put products that I feel are worthy to be catalogued up
on my website as soon as possible, but my comments may come
a bit later than they have been. By subscribing to my
newsletter, of course, you'll get all of my comments mailed
to you, including comments on items I won't catalog.
As an example of leaving out some info, my comments on David
Regal's Inflight omitted the fact that the deck used was a
Bicycle poker-sized deck. Also, a subscriber did have a
question regarding whether they see fifty-two different
cards. The answer is no. But the participant who handles
the deck will verify that all the cards are different and
that's important and all that is necessary. Finally, a few
people who purchased wrote to me and asked me if David Regal
really and truly hands this gimmicked deck out to be
shuffled. The answer is, of course, yes. Remember that
mentalism is often very bold and risky. David Regal, though
he's a magician, takes quite a bit of risks and is one of
the few creative magicians who seems to understand what
makes mentalism effects work. If you're uncomfortable doing
this, then don't do this effect as you probably won't be
able to sell it effectively to your audience.
***** RECOMMENDATIONS
Did you order the MAGIC VINTAGE POSTER POSTCARDS? These
really are beautiful and very cheaply priced. I was quite
surprised at the quality of these.
I've been performing ECONOMICON recently as part of a very
different type of act (in other words, not mentalism). It's
been very well received. For the money, it's probably the
best booktest out there.
***** NEW STUFF
I have two DVDs from John Archer that up on the website
already. My comments on Educating Archer are already there.
I'll be watching Blindfold Tips soon and review that. If I
don't get around to watching it in the next day or so, I'll
send out my comments in separate newsletters.
I also have gotten a few items which I will not catalog.
Among these items is Justin Monchen's Sudoku. On that
one, briefly, I feel it's just way too expensive for an
effect that has some serious fundamental flaws and probably
will never be performed by the professional mentalist. But
I'll provide details soon.
Until next time. -- Jheff
NEW PRODUCTS AND REVIEWS:
SYMBOLICUS
MIND MYSTERIES GUIDE BOOK VOL.1
way. I've gotten quite a few products and as I'm finishing
up comments on them, I'll be sending them out. In the past,
I've rushed my comments out and wound up realizing that I
missed some info or just said something a bit too awkwardly
for my comfort. So, you'll find that I'll do every effort
to put products that I feel are worthy to be catalogued up
on my website as soon as possible, but my comments may come
a bit later than they have been. By subscribing to my
newsletter, of course, you'll get all of my comments mailed
to you, including comments on items I won't catalog.
As an example of leaving out some info, my comments on David
Regal's Inflight omitted the fact that the deck used was a
Bicycle poker-sized deck. Also, a subscriber did have a
question regarding whether they see fifty-two different
cards. The answer is no. But the participant who handles
the deck will verify that all the cards are different and
that's important and all that is necessary. Finally, a few
people who purchased wrote to me and asked me if David Regal
really and truly hands this gimmicked deck out to be
shuffled. The answer is, of course, yes. Remember that
mentalism is often very bold and risky. David Regal, though
he's a magician, takes quite a bit of risks and is one of
the few creative magicians who seems to understand what
makes mentalism effects work. If you're uncomfortable doing
this, then don't do this effect as you probably won't be
able to sell it effectively to your audience.
***** RECOMMENDATIONS
Did you order the MAGIC VINTAGE POSTER POSTCARDS? These
really are beautiful and very cheaply priced. I was quite
surprised at the quality of these.
I've been performing ECONOMICON recently as part of a very
different type of act (in other words, not mentalism). It's
been very well received. For the money, it's probably the
best booktest out there.
***** NEW STUFF
I have two DVDs from John Archer that up on the website
already. My comments on Educating Archer are already there.
I'll be watching Blindfold Tips soon and review that. If I
don't get around to watching it in the next day or so, I'll
send out my comments in separate newsletters.
I also have gotten a few items which I will not catalog.
Among these items is Justin Monchen's Sudoku. On that
one, briefly, I feel it's just way too expensive for an
effect that has some serious fundamental flaws and probably
will never be performed by the professional mentalist. But
I'll provide details soon.
Until next time. -- Jheff
NEW PRODUCTS AND REVIEWS:
SYMBOLICUS
MIND MYSTERIES GUIDE BOOK VOL.1

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home