Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind Newsblog

*QUALITY PRODUCTS ONLY*DISCOUNT PRICES* DETAILED REVIEWS*RELIABLE SERVICE*

Name:
Location: Torrance, California, United States

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Perfected Prediction and Win the Crowd

(If you got the newsletter version of this, I apologize for
all the typos. I was definitely in a hurry. The following
is a corrected version.)

So what happened to the reviews of Submodalities and
Telepa-Three that I promised?

Let's start with the Submodalities DVD. I still haven't
watched enough of it for me to comfortably make final comments.
My preliminary comments would be that the routines that I've
seen are very good. The camera work and the audio are
self-indulgent and awful, but things are visible and heard
albeit not well.

As to Telepa-Three, I think Jeff Pierce rushed his product
to market and didn't really discuss it with experienced
mentalisms. The routine is solid. It's the handling and
some presentational angles that could've used a few touches
to make it truly a classic. Even Richard Osterlind hints at
that when he says "a talented performer could turn this
sequence into a little masterpiece." So I decided to write
up my handling for those who purchase this and I haven't
finished yet.

But I did read Steve Cohen's Win the Crowd in almost one
sitting. Books like this I have a hard time putting down
once I start reading them. And Perfected Prediction really
impressed me.

OTHER PRODUCT NEWS:
Several folks have e-mailed me regarding the ESP Chips.
Tony Blake, co-creator, has told me the next batch should be
ready in about ten days. However, due to the holiday season
(and a week's vacation I'll be taking) I cannot say
specifically when I'll be getting them and able to ship them
out.

Also, I will be getting the new printing of Doc Shiels' The
Shiels Effect, which includes a DVD. Expect that sometime
around January.

And now that 2005 is ending, just what were the best
mentalism products for 2005? Well, I'll tell you . . .
soon. (How's that for teasing?)

One final thing (and it has nothing to do with mentalism):
As a huge fan of Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles, I must sadly
note the passing of the controversial and groundbreaking
comedian, Richard Pryor. Few people remember that he was
one of the talented writers who collaborated with Mel on the
comedy classic. Fewer still know what it was that he
contributed to that script. Believe it or not, he was
responsible for most of Mongo's lines. Well, Richard,
you're not a pawn in the game of life anymore and we'll miss
you.


Until next time. -- Jheff

NEW ITEMS:
PERFECTED PREDICTION

WIN THE CROWD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home