Return from Mindvention 2005!!
Wow! What a week! I know that many of you want a report of
just what went on at Mindvention 2005. So I'll briefly
provide a recap. Briefly, about 150 mentalism enthusiasts
gathered from all over the world at the Palace Station in
Las Vegas to discuss mentalism and socialize. Lee Earle
lectured on Q&A and David Charvet gave a fascinating talk on
Alexander, the Man Who Knows. Other lecturers included Rick
Maue, Bruce Bernstein, Harvey Berg, Banachek, Luke Jermay
and Barrie Richardson. All were great. Others in
attendance included Mark Strivings, Chuck Hickok, Greg Arce,
Lincoln, Steve Cohen, Patrick Redford, Brad Henderson, Gerry
McCambridge and many, many others.
Like last year, everyone came away with something that made
the convention very worthwhile for them and all had a great
time. Sure, there were some minor complaints, but it was
definitely another great convention. And, yes, there will
be a Mindvention 2006 held at the Palace Station on Nov
5-7. It's too early for details regarding lecturers and
schedules, but not too early to reserve the dates.
TWO NEW BOOKLETS FROM JHEFF
Okay, let's get to some product announcements. First, I
reported that I'd have some brand new products and that I'd
debut them at Mindvention. Well, I did. Both are booklets.
The Shuffled Mind is a compilation of six effects (and a
bonus seventh) using playing cards. The theme is that all
of these effects can be done impromptu and with any borrowed
deck of cards, including ones that are incomplete and
well-used. The other booklet is A Symbol Act, which
comprises three routines with ESP cards that I've been using
for quite some time and realized that they naturally go
together as a complete act. These routines are ones I use
constantly since I always carry around a deck of ESP cards
in my pocket. Both books are now on my website and there
are more details there. Look on the homepage in the section
listing my products. I'll be sending out a separate e-mail
later regarding them.
ESP POKER CHIPS
Also, Anthony Blake, my partner in co-founding Mentalist
Alliance, and David Harber, have created ESP Chips, a
wonderful new utility product that sold very well at the
Mindvention. Tony has authorized me to sell the last of
those produced especially for the Mindvention at the special
Mindvention price of $35. You may have seen the
advertisement in the new Genii magazine. The instructions
contain routines by Max Maven, Rick Maue, Greg Arce, Jack
Kent Tiller, and me, as well as others. If you haven't seen
the ad, it's on the website and you can also find it at
www.ESPchips.com.
MORE PRODUCT NEWS
Finally, Lee Earle debuted his and Larry Becker's new book
test, Double Feature, at Mindvention. It's an absolutely
brilliant idea. It's a force book (two different books, in
fact) and ingeniously clever. I'm still waiting for the
distributor to get their copies and then I'll be able to
put it up on the website and offer some more specific
comments.
My comments for Chuck Hickok’s Mentalism Incorporated Volume
Two and for Anton Corrodin’s new Antoninus Pius’s Box have been
added to the site. If you're interested in getting Antoninus Pius's
Box, I should warn you that I have only a few and that it may be
quite some time, if ever, that I will be able to get these unique
boxes back in stock.
Until next time. -- Jheff
NEW REVIEWS:
MENTALISM INCORPORATED, VOLUME TWO
ANTONINUS PIUS'S BOX
just what went on at Mindvention 2005. So I'll briefly
provide a recap. Briefly, about 150 mentalism enthusiasts
gathered from all over the world at the Palace Station in
Las Vegas to discuss mentalism and socialize. Lee Earle
lectured on Q&A and David Charvet gave a fascinating talk on
Alexander, the Man Who Knows. Other lecturers included Rick
Maue, Bruce Bernstein, Harvey Berg, Banachek, Luke Jermay
and Barrie Richardson. All were great. Others in
attendance included Mark Strivings, Chuck Hickok, Greg Arce,
Lincoln, Steve Cohen, Patrick Redford, Brad Henderson, Gerry
McCambridge and many, many others.
Like last year, everyone came away with something that made
the convention very worthwhile for them and all had a great
time. Sure, there were some minor complaints, but it was
definitely another great convention. And, yes, there will
be a Mindvention 2006 held at the Palace Station on Nov
5-7. It's too early for details regarding lecturers and
schedules, but not too early to reserve the dates.
TWO NEW BOOKLETS FROM JHEFF
Okay, let's get to some product announcements. First, I
reported that I'd have some brand new products and that I'd
debut them at Mindvention. Well, I did. Both are booklets.
The Shuffled Mind is a compilation of six effects (and a
bonus seventh) using playing cards. The theme is that all
of these effects can be done impromptu and with any borrowed
deck of cards, including ones that are incomplete and
well-used. The other booklet is A Symbol Act, which
comprises three routines with ESP cards that I've been using
for quite some time and realized that they naturally go
together as a complete act. These routines are ones I use
constantly since I always carry around a deck of ESP cards
in my pocket. Both books are now on my website and there
are more details there. Look on the homepage in the section
listing my products. I'll be sending out a separate e-mail
later regarding them.
ESP POKER CHIPS
Also, Anthony Blake, my partner in co-founding Mentalist
Alliance, and David Harber, have created ESP Chips, a
wonderful new utility product that sold very well at the
Mindvention. Tony has authorized me to sell the last of
those produced especially for the Mindvention at the special
Mindvention price of $35. You may have seen the
advertisement in the new Genii magazine. The instructions
contain routines by Max Maven, Rick Maue, Greg Arce, Jack
Kent Tiller, and me, as well as others. If you haven't seen
the ad, it's on the website and you can also find it at
www.ESPchips.com.
MORE PRODUCT NEWS
Finally, Lee Earle debuted his and Larry Becker's new book
test, Double Feature, at Mindvention. It's an absolutely
brilliant idea. It's a force book (two different books, in
fact) and ingeniously clever. I'm still waiting for the
distributor to get their copies and then I'll be able to
put it up on the website and offer some more specific
comments.
My comments for Chuck Hickok’s Mentalism Incorporated Volume
Two and for Anton Corrodin’s new Antoninus Pius’s Box have been
added to the site. If you're interested in getting Antoninus Pius's
Box, I should warn you that I have only a few and that it may be
quite some time, if ever, that I will be able to get these unique
boxes back in stock.
Until next time. -- Jheff
NEW REVIEWS:
MENTALISM INCORPORATED, VOLUME TWO
ANTONINUS PIUS'S BOX

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home