Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind Newsblog

*QUALITY PRODUCTS ONLY*DISCOUNT PRICES* DETAILED REVIEWS*RELIABLE SERVICE*

Name:
Location: Torrance, California, United States

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Inflight, Derren Brown, and More Mindvention 2006 News!

Well, I think the last couple of weeks are now behind me.
After dealing with a household of colds (of which one was
passed to me) and a car accident (not my fault, but
definitely time consuming), I think things are on track
until the next fun little adventure comes my way. And,
David Regal, always the creative individual, came along and
brightened my day with his impressive version of the
tossed-out deck. Frankly, I've never performed a version of
the tossed-out deck, but that's not because I don't like it
or that I don't like using cards in mentalism.

A subscriber inquired as to why they don't see my name
endorsing many products. It's simple, really. I don't get
many products to review in advance, whether they be
distributed by Murphy's or not. If I can't get it
wholesale, and I like the product, I'll certainly plug it
and provide a link. But I don't have the time to go and
actively ask colleagues for products to review. I have
friends who get them and they keep me informed, but until I
officially see the product there's not much I can officially
say.

In fact, I've been having a fascinating discussion with a
clever young man from Europe who's recently released an
E-book. Unfortunately, I found some issues with his
product, not his thinking, and, hopefully, he's working on
making corrections and amendments. If so, I'll most
certainly endorse and plug his product.

By the way, I did mention the incredible lineup for
Mindvention 2006 in a previous newsletter. Since then,
Danny Archer has added two more names -- Dennis Laub and
Docc Hilford! And I'm sure a lot of the well-known
mentalists that attended the last two conventions will
return this year. Now, if you haven't already, go and
register. You have plenty of time to make those travel
plans and I'll see you there.

***** LAST CHANCE FOR DERREN BROWN BOOKS!

According to a recent e-mail from H&R Books, Derren has
asked them not to reprint his two books, Pure Effect and
Absolute Magic. He wants to move his performances in
another direction, whatever that means. In any event, Pure
Effect is now discontinued and unavailable from me, though
H&R has a few copies left. My distributor does have some
copies of Absolute Magic left, but with this news they may
dwindle pretty fast. Once they're gone, they will be
collector's items. If you read my review, you'll find that
this is a great philosophical book on performing. You may
not agree with everything he says, but Derren certainly
knows how to insightfully make your re-examine your
performance ability.

Thanks to all those who ordered Chess Gambit (see the link
on the blog, if you missed it). There's only a couple left
and I'm sure by the middle of this week, they'll be gone.
If you want one, order now. I'll be back later this week
with comments on Alexander De Cova's Symbolicus.

Until next time. -- Jheff


NEW PRODUCTS AND REVIEWS:
INFLIGHT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home